Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: York Archaeology, who are operated by York Archaeological Trust (Charity number 509060 in England and Wales, and SCO42846 in Scotland) whose registered office, is at 47 Aldwark, York, YO1 7BX.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of York Archaeology, their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating her/his agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per school / learning group / home educator. Multiple entries from the same school / learning group / home educator will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted by the promoter for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice due to any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
For schools / learning groups the Prize is one free Virtual Outreach Session. We define this as one standard 45 minute session on a single topic, as chosen from our Learning Offer, delivered to one class or learning group of up to 40 participants.
Group Virtual Outreach sessions booked by a group of home educators will be entered into the same prize draw as schools and learning groups. The Prize is one free group Virtual Outreach Session. We define this as one standard 45 minute session on a single topic, as chosen from our Learning Offer, delivered to one class or learning group of up to 40 participants.
Individual home educators will be sent a different feedback survey related to our dedicated home-educator Virtual Outreach sessions. The Prize for this draw is one ticket/connection to one of our scheduled home-educator Virtual Outreach sessions.
The following terms and conditions apply to both schools and home educators:
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Prize draws will be done at the end of every term, and the winner will be contacted by the JORVIK Group Reservations Team.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received during that term period. York Archaeology Learning team uses term dates as set by York City Council. If your entry is received outside of the dates of particular term, it will be entered into the following term’s draw.
- The prize must be redeemed within one year of your notification date. Please note that for group Virtual Outreach sessions we will require 4-6 weeks advance notice when arranging your session to ensure staff provision and run a test session beforehand. For home-educator sessions, you will have a choice of options in the calendar for which to redeem your prize.
Information on Virtual Outreach Prize
Your students can spend 45 minutes meeting one of a host of historical characters or friendly archaeologists in your classroom via video conferencing platforms. Our virtual outreach sessions have been designed to offer a range of opportunities for your students to come face-to-face with a person from the past or get a glimpse of interesting artefacts from our extensive archaeological collections- see the full programme of sessions on offer here.
You can connect to our sessions through a variety of platforms- we currently offer virtual outreach via Skype, Zoom and Google Meet, but we are happy to discuss other platform requirements if you have them. We recommend that you check with your IT support team to find out if your local authority blocks the use of these programs and to check that you have the internet bandwidth to support video calls.
If you are contacted about winning a free virtual outreach, you will need to have your preferred video conferencing platform installed and to provide us with an account name to connect with. When making your booking to redeem your free session, you will also need to book a test session (normally late afternoon Wednesday-Friday at least two weeks prior to the date of your virtual outreach session) and will need to provide a mobile contact number.